Eastwood City Soccer Membership was an English soccer membership based mostly in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire. The membership final participated within the Northern Premier League Division One South, the eighth tier of English soccer.
A brand new membership, Eastwood Neighborhood F.C., was shaped in 2014 following the demise of Eastwood City.
Eastwood had been established in 1955. Throughout the 1970s, the membership competed within the Midland League. In 1983, Eastwood had been founder members of the Northern Counties East Soccer League. In 1987, they joined the Northern Premier League however returned to the NCEL for the 2003–04 season.
Within the 2008/09 season, Eastwood had a profitable run within the FA Cup, defeating Wrexham and Wycombe Wanderers on their solution to the third spherical of the competitors. Eastwood completed as league champions and had been promoted to the Convention North for the primary time of their historical past.
Eastwood completed in 4th place for his or her first season within the Convention North, however had been denied permission to participate within the play offs as a result of inadequate floor grading. Consequently, the membership was put up on the market by its house owners.
In November 2013, the membership was issued with a winding up petition over an unpaid tax invoice of £168,000 and council officers barred the membership from utilizing the Coronation Park floor.
After suspending 5 consecutive house video games, the membership resigned from the Northern Premier League in February 2014.
There had been loads of work executed within the background and plans had been drawn as much as deliver the bottom as much as the ‘A’ grade required to enter the Convention Nationwide. The plans confirmed new terracing holding 1900 followers behind each targets and a brand new seated stand changing the Mabe Allan Stand virtually down your entire size of the pitch. This is able to have given the membership three totally enclosed stands and a capability of over 5,000.
With the plans for the academy and the opposite initiatives, the membership was in negotiations with the native authorities to take over the prevailing all-weather pitch located inside Coronation Park together with the altering rooms. The plan was to redevelop the pitch right into a full sized 3G pitch, with the adjoining space being developed into an outside juniors pitch to be used of the neighborhood and Eastwood City Juniors. This is able to have given the membership the infrastructure to draw the most effective native kids in addition to gamers launched from skilled golf equipment academies.
The membership had obtained a number of complaints from residents on Chewton Avenue concerning the elevated issues related to matchday parking and this was one other difficulty that had been raised and negotiations had been in progress with the council to handle the scenario, with the target of offering extra automotive parking amenities on the membership. The membership had been additionally in discussions with the council about further signage off the A610, and the tip of Chewton Avenue.
- Midland Counties League
- Champions 1975–76
- League Cup winners 1977–78, 1979–80
- Central Alliance
- Notts Alliance
- Champions 1956–57
- League Cup winners 1955–56
- Nottinghamshire Senior Cup
- Winners 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1988–89, 1989–90, 1991–92, 2003–04, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
- Evans Halshaw Floodlit Cup
- Northern Premier League
- Notts Intermediate Cup
- Winners 1986–87, 1998–99, 1999–2000
- Ripley Hospital Charity Cup
- Midlands Regional Alliance
- Premier Division champions 1999–2000
- Problem Cup winners 2001–02
- Northern Counties East Soccer League
- Presidents Cup winners 2003–04
- Attendance: 2,723 v Enfield, FA Beginner Cup, February 1965
- Goalscorers: Martin Wright 228 targets between 1974 and 1983
- Appearances: Arthur Rowley, over 800 first workforce video games (1959–76) and never a single reserving
- Win: 21–Zero v Rufford Colliery 26/10/54 and Ilkeston City 10 Could 1969
- Loss: 0–eight v Hucknall City (a) 13 February 2001
- Charge Paid: Believed[who?] to be round £9,000 for Danny Holland, Harrogate City, 2008–09
- Charge Acquired: £72,500 for Richard Liburd, Middlesbrough, 1992–93