Shopping center in Dubai
Mall of the Emirates (Arabic: مول الإمارات) is a shopping center in Dubai. Developed and owned by Majid Al Futtaim Properties, it opened in November 2005 and is positioned at interchange 4 on Sheikh Zayed highway.
The multi-level shopping center at the moment options greater than 630 shops, 7900 parking areas, over 100 eating places and cafés, 80 luxurious shops and 250 flagship shops. It has a complete gross leasable space of 255,489 sq. meters. It additionally hosts household leisure actions together with Ski Dubai (the Center East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park), the 500-seat capability Dubai Neighborhood Theatre and Arts Centre and Magic planet, one of many largest indoor household leisure centres in Dubai.
In November 2005, it was named the World’s Main New Buying Mall on the World Journey Awards in London. In 2017, Forbes named Mall of the Emirates as one of many high 5 buying malls in Dubai.
Development and historical past
The undertaking was launched in October 2003 at an estimated price of AED 800 million (US$218 million), and was scheduled to be accomplished in September 2005. The structure within the three-storey complicated combines Arabic and Mediterranean components, with every degree linked to a parking lot.
The mall was designed by the American architectural agency F+A Architects. The primary constructing contract was dealt with by Khansaheb, whereas the Ski Dubai contract was given to Pomagalski. The chair lifts within the snow park and the structural metal works have been dealt with by Emirates Constructing System and the piling by Bauer.
The mall opened for enterprise on 28 September 2005 with an official inauguration in November.
- September 2005 – Mall of the Emirates opens
- November 2005 – Opening of Ski Dubai, the Center East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park
- April 2006 – Kempinski opens resort on the mall
- September 2008 – mall declares growth to extend services for buying, eating and parking
- September 2009 – completion of metro hyperlink to mall from the Crimson Line of the Dubai Metro
- August 2010 – launch of Trend Dome
- 2012 – ranked the seventh most efficient buying centre on the planet, incomes US$1,423 per sq. foot each year, in keeping with analysis by the worldwide Council of Buying Centres (ICSC)
- June 2013 – Mall of the Emirates declares Evolution 2015, a multi-stage AED 1 billion redevelopment undertaking
- Might 2014 – Mall of the Emirates modifications their brand
- September 2015 – Mall of the Emirates opened the brand new growth on Degree 2.
Retailers on the mall embody a Carrefour hypermarket, Centrepoint, Debenhams, Harvey Nichols, House Centre, Jashanmal and Marks & Spencer.
The mall additionally hosts a variety of household leisure choices. These embody the Magic Planet household leisure space, a 20-screen VOX Cinema, Ski Dubai, and the Dubai Neighborhood Theatre and Arts Centre.
Ski Dubai is a big indoor snowboarding facility at Mall of the Emirates, providing snowboarding, ski classes, youngsters’s play space and cafe. It opened in November 2005 and homes the world’s largest indoor snow park. It’s operated by Majid Al Futtaim Leisure & Leisure.
Dubai Neighborhood Theatre and Arts Centre
Dubai Neighborhood Theatre and Arts Centre (DUCTAC) is a non-profit, cross-community inventive centre that opened in November 2006, underneath the patronage of Princess Haya bint Hussein. It was unfold over 7,424 sq. metres on the second flooring of the Mall of the Emirates. There have been two-level theatre and rehearsal areas, together with an arts centre housing galleries, school rooms, studios, music college, library and excessive specification visible arts gallery.
In July 2018, Dubai Neighborhood Theatre & Arts Centre (DUCTAC) closed on the Mall of the Emirates.
VOX Cinemas has a 14-screen multiplex cinema at Mall of the Emirates, together with 2 VOX Gold screens. VOX Cinemas is owned and operated by Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas. It’s positioned within the new growth space at Mall of the Emirates degree 2 and consists of 24- screens together with an IMAX with Laser theatre, Vox Children, 4DX Cinema and Theatre by Rhodes.
Magic Planet is an indoor household leisure centre with two leisure zones for youngsters and younger adults. It has a ten-pin bowling alley with 12 lanes, pool and billiard tables, 180 amusement machines, and different points of interest together with a carousel, racing simulators, Leaping Star, smooth play and bumper automobiles. It additionally consists of the RoboCoaster (a two-person thrill experience distinctive to the Center East) and XD Darkish Trip, a “7D” journey with 3D film graphics and 4D results together with movement, wind and light-weight.
The mall has over 100 eating places and cafes together with eight eating places within the Trend Dome:
- Two worldwide meals courts
- Eating places together with St. Maxim’s, Salmontini, Karam Beirut and Apres and Sezzam on the primary flooring
- UAE’s African-themed diner Tribes on the Trend Dome
- Häagen-Dazs cafe
- 12 new eating choices on Degree 2 together with Omina Baharat, 800 Levels Nepolitana Pizzeria, Dean & Deluca, Eat Greek Kouzina, Din Tai Fung, Azkadenya, Texas De Brazil & Frequent Grounds.
- The Cheesecake Manufacturing facility, American restaurant
- Al Halabi – Lebanese restaurant
- P.F Chang’s – American Chinese language restaurant
- Miu Shanghai Tea Home and Restaurant gives a menu comprising an eclectic culinary array from Japan, China, Thailand and Indonesia.
- YO! Sushi – conveyor belt sushi
Mall of the Emirates’ AED 1 billion multi-stage redevelopment undertaking, Evolution 2015, accomplished in September 2015.
The brand new Trend District that includes 30 up to date manufacturers marked the completion of Section 1. Section 2 has added a second taxi rank positioned subsequent to Ski Dubai on degree 4. Section 3, unveiled a brand new retail extension on Degree 2 – a further 36,000sqm of retail area added to incorporate 40 new retailers
On 10 September 2013, Mall of the Emirates introduced a multi-stage redevelopment undertaking value an estimated AED 1 billion (US$274 million), which is known as as Evolution 2015. Section one of many undertaking which can enhance 5,000 sqm space extra is already accomplished however anticipated to open in mid-2015 consists of new buying, eating and leisure ideas. Nonetheless, because of the limitations of its location, the mall will probably be expanded upwards by setting up a second flooring on high of the Carrefour space.
On 25 August 2014, Mall of the Emirates introduced section two of its strategic redevelopment undertaking, Evolution 2015 which is now at the moment underway. On this stage, the mall will probably be expanded by gross leasable space of 26,000 meter sq. This undertaking consists of a further of 1300 new areas for automotive parking, 12 new eating places, new prayer rooms for each, women and men and the relocation of the present VOX Cinemas which can now have 24 screens.
The brand new growth undertaking “Evolution 2015” was formally opened on 28 September 2015 which elevated the gross leasable space to 26,000 meter sq. On 30 September 2015, David Beckham visited the mall for the inauguration of the Adidas retailer which was constructed within the newly expanded part.
Ski Dubai seen from the Sheikh Zayed Highway
Wanting into Ski Dubai from contained in the mall
- “Your Native Journey Information to Worldwide Locations – My Vacation spot”. MyDestination.com Hubsite Journey.
- Matthew Kassel (14 February 2012). “The Coolest Buying Malls – Enterprise Insider”. Enterprise Insider.
- Dubai FAQs. “Mall of the Emirates”.
- “The 5 Finest Buying Malls In Dubai”. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- “Gulf Development On-line – Work progresses on Mall of the Emirates”.
- Yamurai Zendera. “Particular report: The UAE’s most iconic tasks”.
- Tim Newbold. “Mall of the Emirates all set to open in the present day – Khaleej Occasions”.
- “Mall of the emirates, let’s largest shopping center”. Archived from the unique on 2014-09-03.
- “Mall of the Emirates (MoE) – Al Barshaa 1, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) (مول الإمارات) – TEN Yellow Pages”.
- “Luxurious 5 Star Resort in Dubai – Kempinski Resort Mall of the Emirates”.
- Workers Report. “Mall of the Emirates to endure massive growth”.
- Dubai FAQs. “Dubai Metro Crimson Line”.
- Daisy Carrington (25 August 2010). “Enter the Trend Dome”. Time Out Dubai.
- “Dubai’s MOE Ranks Amongst World’s Prime 10 Profitable Malls”. Gulf Enterprise.
- “Mall of the Emirates Publicizes Evolution 2015; Multi-Stage AED 1 Billion Redevelopment”. 10 September 2013. Archived from the unique on 21 September 2014.
- Workers. “Mall of Emirates extension opening on September28; Will Apple retailer open too?”. Emirates 24-7.
- Dubai FAQs. “Ski Dubai”.
- “Ski Dubai – Majid Al Futtaim”. Archived from the unique on 2014-07-20. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- “Your Native Journey Information to Worldwide Locations”. MyDestination.com Hubsite Journey.
- Jyoti Kalsi, Particular to Weekend Overview. “View installations that relate to Dubai at Ductac”. gulfnews.com.
- “DUCTAC Studios”. tangodubai.org. Archived from the unique on 2016-03-23. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- “VOX Mall of the Emirates Cinema”. TotallyEmirates.
- “Photos- Mall of the Emirates new Dhs 1 billion growth”. gulfbusiness.com. Archived from the unique on October 7, 2015.
- Workers. “Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates’ Dh1bn ‘vertical’ growth opens”. Emirates 24-7.
- Workers Report. “Mall of the Emirates to unveil Dh1b extension on Sept 28 – Khaleej Occasions”.
- Tremendous Person. “Magic Planet”. UAE4Kidz. Archived from the unique on 2014-09-10.
- Mall of the Emirates. “Finest eating places in Dubai – Quick meals, Cafes, Worldwide meals courts, Mall of the Emirates”.
- “Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates extension to open on Sept 28”.
- Mall of the Emirates. “Buying’s by no means been higher, Mall of the Emirates”.
- “Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates to get further flooring in $274m growth”. ArabianIndustry.com.
- Mall of the Emirates. “Buying’s by no means been higher, Mall of the Emirates”. Archived from the unique on 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- “Mall of the Emirates unveils new extension on stay broadcast”. Gulf Information. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- “David Beckham opens new Adidas retailer at Mall of the Emirates”. The Nationwide. 30 September 2015. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
Media associated to Mall of the Emirates at Wikimedia Commons