Spherical Desk Pizza is a sequence and franchise of pizza parlours within the Western United States. The primary Spherical Desk Pizza restaurant was opened in 1959, and the corporate has over 400 eating places. The corporate is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
The corporate at the moment operates two codecs. Conventional Spherical Desk Pizza eating places serve primarily pizza, salads, and drinks. A brand new format, Spherical Desk Pizza Clubhouse – Pizza Pub Play, options expanded leisure with arcade video games for kids and big-screen TVs with sports activities programming, in addition to an expanded menu and craft beer choice.
William R. Larson (January 30, 1933 – November 15, 2006) was born in San Jose, California on January 30, 1933, and was raised in Palo Alto, California. After serving four years within the U.S. Navy, Larson labored a number of completely different jobs, gaining expertise that finally led him to create his personal restaurant. He opened his first pizza parlor in Menlo Park, California on December 21, 1959 positioned at 1235 El Camino Actual. He known as his new restaurant Spherical Desk Pizza. This unique location would finally be moved to 1225 El Camino Actual just a few years later the place it nonetheless stands at the moment, and is owned and operated by Bob Larson, William’s son. He named the restaurant Spherical Desk Pizza after the spherical redwood tables he and his father constructed.
In response to PizzaMarketPlace.com, “William’s developed recipe & crust quickly introduced Spherical Desk Pizza a robust following from clients and entrepreneurs.” By 1978 underneath Larson’s path, Spherical Desk had amassed over 225 shops.
In 2011, the corporate filed for cover underneath Chapter 11 with the U.S. chapter court docket and emerged from chapter the identical yr. The Consensual Plan of Reorganization offers for 100% reimbursement of obligations to its secured and unsecured collectors and for its worker house owners to retain 100% possession of the corporate. Since then, the corporate met all obligations and its monetary energy steadily improved with the retirement of debt and the rise in money stream.
In 2014, the corporate signed a 35-store growth settlement to construct eating places in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar.
As of 2016, greater than 450 franchised and company-owned places had been in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. Spherical Desk Pizza had seven branches in Dubai and extra places in Bahrain and Mongolia presently..
On September 15, 2017, Spherical Desk Pizza introduced that it was acquired by World Franchise Group. In the identical month, Spherical Desk Pizza closed all seven branches in Dubai.
In 2019, Spherical Desk Pizza rebranded on its 60th anniversary, together with a brand new emblem and a brand new motto “Pizza Royalty”. The chain additionally expanded to the Dallas-Fort Value metroplex for the primary time in 2019 with new places in Frisco, Texas and close to the Southern Methodist College campus in College Park.
William Larson penned the slogan for Spherical Desk “share just a little pizza with somebody you like.” This was later modified to “The Final Sincere Pizza.”
In 1961, a good friend of Larson’s drew some sketches of members of King Arthur’s court docket consuming pizza, and Mr. Larson then adopted the King Arthur theme for his eating places.
The three banners within the official emblem had been added in 1970, and are meant to represent the letters “F-U-N”. Spherical Desk Pizza started to develop by franchising.
Larson bought a portion of Spherical Desk inventory to a gaggle of traders in 1979. The traders shaped an worker inventory possession plan in 1985, and by 1992, Spherical Desk Pizza was wholly worker owned.
Mr. Larson bought about 75% of the non-public franchise company to companions in 1978. … 5 years in the past, (1995) the controlling companions purchased out Mr. Larson’s remaining 25%.
Though as of 2020 Bob Larson, William’s son nonetheless owns and operates the unique Menlo Park Location.
From round 2003 till 2005, Spherical Desk Pizza’s official mascots had been two puppets, Matt and Marcus, that appeared within the firm’s tv commercials. In 2007, Spherical Desk Pizza’s mascot grew to become the Pizza Knight, “defender of household evening.” Since that point, different spokespersons have been featured, together with Billy Gardell.
- Anne H. Kim, “Do you know that Spherical Desk Pizza began in Menlo?”, The Almanac, Menlo Park, CA, January 26, 2000.
- “Variety of Spherical Desk Pizza places in the US”. ScrapeHero. July 14, 2020. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- “Spherical Desk Pizza, Inc.: Personal Firm Info – Bloomberg”. www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- “Spherical Desk’s New “Clubhouse” Idea Serving Up Scorching Gross sales”. RestaurantNews.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- “William R. Larson Sr”. The Mercury Information. 2006-11-28 – through PressReader.com.
- “Invoice Larson, 73; founding father of Spherical Desk chain of pizza parlors”. Los Angeles Occasions. November 21, 2006.
- “Revisiting Spherical Desk Pizza simply shy of its 60th anniversary”. In Menlo.
- Stolzoff, Simone (February 2, 2018). “These Two Silicon Valley Pizza Locations Present The Challenges Posed By Automation And Inequality”. Quick Firm.
- “Invoice Larson, founding father of Spherical Desk Pizza, lifeless at 73”. Pizza Market Place.
- “The household enterprise: Founder’s son nonetheless lives and breathes Spherical Desk Pizza”. Spherical Desk Pizza Franchise. July 13, 2016. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- “50 Years of Contemporary Pizza”. InMenlo.com.
- “Spherical Desk Pizza Chapter 11 Petition” (PDF). PacerMonitor. PacerMonitor. Retrieved 31 Might 2016.
- Ross, Andrew S. (December 22, 2011). “Spherical Desk Pizza’s supreme turnaround”. San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- “Spherical Desk Pizza Expands into Bahrain with 5 nation Improvement Settlement”. Nations Restaurant Information. Retrieved 6 Might 2015.
- “Spherical Desk Pizza to open in Camas”. Camas-Washougal Put up-Document. 2016-10-06. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Maze, Jonathan (15 September 2017). “Nice American Cookies proprietor buys Spherical Desk Pizza”. Nation’s Restaurant Information.
- “Spherical Desk Pizza in Dubai has shut down”. gulfnews.com. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- Gubbins, Teresa (29 April 2019). “California restaurant chain Spherical Desk orders up pizzas for SMU Dallas”.
- Firm web site. Retrieved January 12, 2007.
- “Obituaries: Invoice Larson, 73, founding father of Spherical Desk chain of pizza parlors,” Los Angeles Occasions, November 21, 2006, web page B8
- “Invoice Larson, founding father of Spherical Desk Pizza, lifeless at 73”. pizzamarketplace.com. November 16, 2006. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- “The Household Enterprise Founder’s son nonetheless lives and breathes Spherical Desk Pizza”.
- Firm web site. Retrieved January 12, 2007.
- Gianatasio, David (September 13, 2007). “Hungry peasants bow all the way down to Pizza Knight”. Adweek. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Daly, Sean (2015-09-20). “Comedian Billy Gardell Opens Pizzeria In Orlando, Might Flip Into Actuality Present”. TheTVPage.com. Retrieved 2020-09-23.